Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cake Bites Combined With Fresh Strawberries--Yum!


As you may know from reading my blog I am hooked on strawberries--I eat them plain, use them in recipes, on recipes, and turn them into drinks--you name it, I've done it to or with strawberries!  (Hmm..that sounded weird, but I think you know what I mean!) I found this recipe on Taste and Tell, a great cooking blog that you'll want to bookmark or follow so you don't miss any recipes they have!  This recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Cake Bites not only tasted good it looked pretty as well! 

I like cake bites for weddings or showers because they are so EASY! Easy to make, easy to eat...and face it, they just taste good.  Not to mention being perfect as wedding favors or on a sweet table.  As the writers at Taste and Tell note, some of them are just a little too sweet so sometimes I have to adjust the recipes to suit my taste buds or change the icing on them so they don't make my teeth hurt from the sweetness.  So head over and take a look at the recipe for the Strawberry Shortcake Cake Bites, it's a perfect time of the year to make these, especially if you've just been strawberry picking and have lots of berries--this gives you something new to make with them!


Taste and Tell suggests a book all about cake bites called 101 Gourmet Cake Bites that they're running a giveaway for until August 12th, so get your chance for a free book--what could be better than free? So yet another reason to read their blog! (And enter their giveaway!)

All photos courtesy of Taste and Tell Blog

No comments: