Saturday, February 18, 2012

Anaglypta? OK I'll Bite...

  
Photo and idea from Martha Stewart Weddings

Anaglypta...OK, I admit, I had NO idea what it was. When I first saw this I thought it must be the name of one of the flowers. But it turns out I was wrong (just goes to show I'll never make it as a florist!) But fortunately the crafters at Martha Stewart Weddings are smarter (and craftier) than I am.

But this DIY wedding project is so easy EEEBCDI (Easy Enough Even Bill Can Do It). Regular readers of my blog know I sometimes test out how hard a DIY project is on my husband, the quintessential craft DIYer with two thumbs. Sure give him a project around the house, he's great, give him a computer, he'll fix it, but crafts...NOT! You do not want him working on your DIY project, unless it's a EEEBCDI project. And I admit, I'm not big on hard to execute projects either! But this project either of us could do, so if you teach nursery school you can probably use this as a Mother's Day Project for four year-olds that's how easy it is.  

Back to Anaglypta. Anaglypta is actually the name of embossed wallpaper that is meant to look like costlier plaster or tin for walls or ceilings that was commonly used by the Victorians. Wow, who knew? Probably my great grandmother! But how can you use anaglypta? Just wrap it around a simple vase to upgrade it to more expensive look...just like the Victorians but not on a wall or ceiling. This is an really easy way to transform simple vases into unique, one of kind centerpieces for your wedding. Give it a try! 

To find specific DIY directions visit Martha Stewart Weddings. It's simple, effective, and inexpensive. The perfect DIY project!

No comments: