Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tutorial for DIY Paper Flowers For Centerpieces or Bouquets

Lately paper flowers are all over the blogesphere. How hard is it to make these beauties? Here's a simple tutorial via Dozi. (Dozi gives you written directions as well as photos if you are having any trouble with these.) (These were originally credited to Martha Stewart, but I couldn't find it on her site (if anyone can, please email me, I'd love to link it directly.)

My daughter is getting married next Valentine's Day weekend, and the idea of paying for red roses for centerpieces ... you don't even want to hear the price quotes I've gotten. So I thought why not go paper? Dozi's simple display uses a white vase (that lets your flowers make a statement) that is simple but effective.



The first time I tried these I was blown away at how EASY they were to make! I used a little bit of double sided tape toward the end to keep them from unraveling, but they have lasted for weeks now. Way longer than any real flower ever would! And I love the look of them on a simple branch. 

And as my readers know, the true test of how easy a project is? Getting my husband, Bill to test it out. Bill is great with tools but crafts, not so much. I am happy to report that this diy project gets the EEEBCDI (Easy Enough Even Bill Can Do It) Seal of Approval! I may turn him into a crafter yet! (NOT!)

Try it and see what you think. I'll be interested to hear your feedback.

No comments: