Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY Boozy Fruit Centerpieces

 
Possibly the most unusual centerpiece I've ever seen is this 'boozy centerpiece' posted on Offbeat Bride by Catherine Clark (aka Superman)The couple, Drew and Kyle are possibly one of the most unusual I've seen. They took Mason Jars (yes, I know, I can hear the groans...NOT MORE MASON JARS!) Yes, MORE mason jars. But these are better--they are filled with boozy fruit. Can you say YUM?
 
The couple was having a brunch wedding reception and put these out as centerpieces so guests could snack at will. Bamboo skewers allowed each guest to easily access a piece of fruit.
 
How do you make them?
 
"Two months prior to the ceremony, we bought a variety of fruit at the local farmers' market and a bunch of booze (whiskey, gin, vodka, and rum) and made about 20-25 mason jars of alcohol-preserved fruit. We stuck bamboo skewers on the top of the jars we placed in the middle of the tables, and let guests pick at it as they pleased, and take home whatever jars they liked."
 
Sounds simple huh? Dare I say EEEBCDI? For those who read my blog on a regular basis I test DIY projects for how hard they are to execute by having my husband (Mr. Non-Crafter) try them out. Any project that rates at EEEBCDI rating means it's safe to let your groom loose on this project or if you are 'less than crafty' it's a great one for you as well.
 
Love using these as centerpieces or even as favors for your wedding. They are sure to be a hit with your guests whether they eat them during your reception or take them home to enjoy.

No comments: